Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Today at the Library of Michigan

Kelly, Riley and I went to the library of Michigan today to see if we could find our sources about the planning of I-496. The reference librarians were quite enthusiastic, but didn't seem to be focused enough helping us. (Printing off sheets about other highways, etc.) Despite a thorough search of the online catalog, the plans were not in the catalog. I found a couple of places in the stacks where they had the evaluation studies and plans for a number of highways (mostly MI state roads and a few about I-96) but had no luck finding what we need. Things I learned today:
1. The Library is not well cataloged.
2. MDOT was called the Department of Highways or something during the period we're researching.
3. Two hours get burned fast when you're skimming documents.

I guess we're going to have to go back there a lot in the near future. My question is: Where else could those planning documents be?

No comments:

Post a Comment