Wednesday, April 28, 2010

CADL Farming

Yesterday I paid the MHC yet another visit to see if I could get some background reading on the Michigan Masons. Since all of the citations from the MSU library that looked promising were actually at the Library of Michigan, I once again made the trip down to my new home.
I struck out. I got about 100 words of usable information out of four books. Awesome. So when the local history archive opened up at nearby CADL, I went to see if they had anything for me. A certain David Votta was to save me from a worthless trip downtown.
He found a nice picture of Lansing's temple previous to the 1925 one that I'm researching, we found a cool timeline of Lansing history, and he even sent a message to some movers and shakers in the local History community about my project. Lastly, I was able to find a couple of potentially handy newspaper clippings.
Things are moving along, and I might actually have something resembling a final project here by next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment