Friday, April 23, 2010

I'm thinking I should have told the Census I lived at MHC

Not really but I've been there a lot this semester. I went to the library and archives yesterday; from the library I found a very helpful pamphlet published by the Masons to tell their members about their new Lansing lodge in 1924; I did not find (although the catalog said it was on the shelf) another publication about the very involved cornerstone ceremony. Also, they didn't have their circulating copy of the first document, but I made a copy.

I went next to the archives, and despite the concentrated efforts of two archivists we found very little of use. The assessor card was missing in action; all the photographs were of the exterior of the structure. My next move (so both places told me) will be the Capital Area District Library's local collection on tuesday. It may be my last hope for more documentation on the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment