Sunday, April 18, 2010

Engineering Reports

On Thursday Kelly and I went to the Library of Michigan once again, this time to retrieve the fabled MDOT engineering reports. It's possible that they will be the most useful resource yet unearthed for the planning and development section of the project.
They have many graphs and charts, they talk about an alternate route, they have maps, and they have huge blue and white aerial photogaphs of the target areas with road plans drawn on them. I don't know if I'm comfortable scanning them, so I think I'm going to hand them off to Dr. K on tuesday.

Unfortunately, it seems that we only have two of the three engineering reports, (1588, and 1588 supplement 2) while supplement one has yet to turn up. It seems that our neighborhood might be specifically covered in this missing volume, but the information in these two reports should still prove to be invaluable.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for finding these! How exciting!! I agree...one of, if not THE, coolest and most valuable item we (meaning the researchers) have found!

    ReplyDelete